29 May 2007

Making a little progress.

Except for my plants, I am moved out of the old place. I spent yesterday evening hanging out there with the housemates and many affiliates. I'm sad that we're not all going to be living together anymore, however, I am excited about my new digs.

Now, even though I've moved my stuff, that doesn't mean I've found homes for everything.

I did manage to find some time to do some knit-type stuff this weekend. I pulled out Jocelyn's hat and plan to restart it using the pattern that I indicated in the last post. I finished up the blue baby booties. I started working with my yarn from the Maryland Sheep and Wool to try and figure out what I was going to do for Karen's scarf. (The only thing I do know is that the size needle and pattern that I'm working with isn't going to cut it.) I finished the back of my cabled sweater and started the front - I'm only 3 inches into the front though. Sweaters are always so sad looking when there's so little of them:


Additionally, while moving my knitting accouterments and my massive stash, I found that I definitely have enough yarn to start work on a good many other projects. I did find some of the yarn that I spun and plied the last time I had my wheel out:


I had quite a bit of un-dyed creamy wool, and several bits of colored wool. The colors were a bit too intense when plied together, so I plied them with the cream. It's hard to tell in this terrible camera phone picture, but one skein is purple and one is green. They are a bit pastel...and I don't know what I'll do with them. Something fun, no doubt.

Once I get some more stuff put away, I anticipate spending some good time working on my knitting and spinning. I'm really looking forward to it. I'd like to be a spinning ninny again!

No comments: