11 June 2007

Maine.

I had a lovely weekend in Maine. The weather was perfect and I was completely happy to be far removed from DC's heat index of 105. Unfortunately, my flights weren't nearly long enough. I didn't get as much knitting done as I would have liked.

(On the beach in South Portland, ME. Yes, I am that much taller than Carolyn.)

I ended up taking with me the cabled sweater, the Furies hat, my to-be-knit orange yarn and my yet-to-be-start Rusted Root. I did some work on all of the above except the Rusted Root. I think I'll need a little more time and energy before I can actually get started on that. And I really need to remember to swatch.

I did crank out an inch on the cabled sweater:










And I finished Swell:











Jocelyn's Swell will need some blocking, but I'm not sure how that will work with acrylic yarn...I'll have to read up a little bit on how to do that...

4 comments:

Michelle said...

It always seems to me that flights are just NOT long enough for whatever knitting I've packed...

Love the 'swell' hat... going to have to go and get that pattern...

Carolyn said...

you were standing up-beach from me. you aren't quite that much taller...

Jocelyn said...

I can't wait to see my hat!

michelle said...

Ok, Sarah, did you go to Colby? I just clicked your 'Maine' link in your post and... hey... I went ther! ;-) '93 grad... Biology :-)