29 July 2007

Beer, Coffee, Knitting

Last Thursday, I enjoyed some knitting in public at a bar with some of my former co-workers and good friends. It was excellent. We went to Old Dominion Brewhouse again, and this time, we got the tower of beer:









Today is a different day though. No beer towers. It's been thundering all day, but it can't seem to rain. I haven't decided if I want it to or not. Although rain would certainly match my mood today...

Yesterday, I had an excellent day tooling around with two of my favorite people. We went shopping, had coffee, made lasagna, drank tasty beer (Brooklyn Brewery's delicious Post Road Pumpkin Ale) and watched Big Love. I'd never seen Big Love before, but it became a quick favorite. If you haven't seen it, it's a heartwarming look at a relatively normal polygamous family. Very interesting. I recommend it. Lots of intrigue and good acting.

So, I finished the bottom of Rusted Root and have only the sleeves to finish now. I'm hoping to do that before dinner and then block it.

Here's a nice shot of Rusted Bat resting behind the Pumpkin Ale:















I also started Fifi. It looks good so far, but this is a very time consuming project. There are many cables and increases. I'm just glad that I have a good vision of where this is going. It's so hard to work on projects if you're just blindly following a pattern.

I'm using Rowan Calmer. It's such an interesting yarn, but I've found that it pills a little as I'm knitting. I wonder if I'm just holding it too tightly in my hands...

In other news, I have yarn for the LMKG Hourglass sweater. I'm excited to work on that some.
I also got some red cotton yarn to potentially do Green Gable with. Or perhaps another Rusted Root for a friend. We shall see.

And I spent some time working on the random orange thing the other night, but I think I might have messed it up. I think I'm just having some sort of focusing problem. There's a lot going on right now, and when I have to focus too hard on a project I end up making mistakes...

Hmph. Well, I think I'll go make myself some coffee with my new moka that I got as an early birthday present yesterday. A wee mid-afternoon latte might be in the works. A little coffee might be what I need to focus.

1 comment:

jessmonster said...

I always hope the coffee will help me focus...but I can't say that it ever does. Maybe I need a moka...