03 August 2007

Hail All Leos, and wannabes with August birthdays.

I can't believe it's Friday. I haven't done much knitting. It's been a busy week.

The redhead was out of town until Wednesday, so when she got back, we played catch-up. And when I wasn't doing that, I was at personal training sweating my ass off. And when I wasn't doing either of those, I was cooking. And in between all of those things, I stocked up on cards from Groovy DC (an adorable and sorely needed card shop in the Eastern Market/Barracks Row area) and I registered to vote in Maryland.

Last night, I whipped up a Mushroom and Baked Barley. I don't think I'm so much of a barley fan, but I have to admit - this was delicious. I even had some for breakfast. I suppose I really had to have some for breakfast, since I made enough to feed an army.

And then there's the fact that today is my roommate Joanna's birthday, and tomorrow is my birthday. August is a busy month... then come Misha, Monica, Dre, Tiffany, and JJ.

So, knitting. Right.

I have hardly been doing that. Rusted Root is finished but needs to be blocked. I wish that I had a picture of it on to offer, but I don't...yet.

And, here's a gratuitous cat photo. Haley has been trying to steal her spot back from Luther ever since he moved in. She's a cutie, and she looks like she swallowed a football! Eek!

3 comments:

nancy said...

happy almost-birthday! hope you have a blast.

Knitty Pilgrim said...

Happiest of birthdays. I doff my Pilgrim hat to thee.

nenny said...

Happy birthday! Give Luther a big smooch for me... I had kind of a kitty crush on him. :)