I have a mere two and a half days left at my current job and then a week to pack and move. Whew. I'm feeling overwhelmed already.
Thanks to the grace of some higher power, I have amazing friends and family. My mom is coming down to help me pack this weekend, and I have the amazing fortune of an invitation to live with some close friends in Durham, while I get my bearings about me.
Getting out of the DC area is harder than it seems. I have a ton of stuff, which will be staying up here temporarily. My goal is no furniture now. Just the essentials. I will be leaving behind most of my stuff for the time-being, while I get settled in the Durham area and figure out which area would be best for me to live in. I'm trying to orchestrate a friend taking some boxes down to NC for me. Mostly, though, I will be moving my own stuff down.
How do I know what to take with me on my first move down there?
Here's a preliminary list:
- My favorite pens
- A couple notebooks for scribbling
- A couple good books to read
- A good selection of notecards and stationary
- A few knitting books and patterns
- Yarn for a few upcoming projects and an extra stray skein or two for hats (and of course the projects that I am currently working on)
- Spinning wheel
- Some sheets
- Framed pikkies for my room
- A couple key plants
- Travel coffee mugs
- Nalgene bottles
- Lunch bag
- A couple tupperware containers
- Office decorations