30 August 2007

Raindrops on roses, whiskers on kittens.

These are a few of my favorite things!












No matter how many times I order it at restaurants, or make it at home, I never stop appreciating the flavors of an Insalata Caprese. Fresh mozzarella, fresh garden tomatoes, fresh basil. Delicious!

And even better, Fifi continues to grow, one small inch at a time. I took a lunch/coffee break and got a few rows done.
















And another random bit, I got a new cell phone. I got one of those Samsung phones that opens up and opens to the side. It's pretty fun. As most of my friends know, I'm a lightning speed text messager, but this phone will be difficult to get used to. I can either type using the number keys, or I can flip the phone the non-traditional way and use the QWERTY keypad.












Ok, ok, one more ridiculous bit. Sorry - I need to share. This morning, my roommate's alarm was going off and the redhead and I ended up listening to the talk show that was on. It was Kane on the Hot Morning Mess on HOT 99.5 and is segment "War of the Roses." For starters, Kane is great. He's equal parts ass and equal parts decent guy. The tag to War of the Roses is - Roses are red, violets are blue, if Kane calls your man, he'd better choose you.

Colleen suspects her douchebag husband, Nick, is telling everyone at work that he's single or divorced. And Kane really nails it to him, and finds out that he IS telling people that. Honestly, I don't think that the redhead and I have ever used the word "douchebag" as many times as we did this morning. I do not condone this woman's decision to read her husband's email (how she found out he was doing this), but I do condone her decision to publicly humiliate him.

Give it a listen:
War of Roses - 8/30/07

2 comments:

Sara said...

OOHH is that what that segment is called?? I've heard it before and I thought it was a one time deal! That time it was a girl who thought her boyfriend of FOUR years was cheating on her. Turns out- he WAS. Kane called his cell at like 8am and another girl picked up.. a girl who claimed to be the douchebag's gf. No one had any clue about the other and kane ended up calling the dude with both girls on the phone...

Camilla said...

funny, i'll listen. i like that plate. looks familiar ;) good luck with the move...