11 September 2007

Getting Settled

I made it safely down to North Carolina with 3 cars full of stuff. My furniture is still up in DC, but I have the essentials: clothes and yarn. With the help of some good friends, I was able to get unpacked and settled pretty quickly into my new digs. I'm still learning my way around the area, and I plan to get a map of Durham later today. I think all of the roads are curved and zig-zagged and they all intersect. Once I get a better sense of how to get places, I am hoping to be able to ride my bike to work!

I've been through 1.5 days of work and I've really been enjoying it thuse far. This is going to be a challenging and exciting. I am enjoying all of the information I am taking in. I can't wait to get to the meat of the job.

In knitting news, I had dumped Fifi for a baby blanket, which I have now dumped to finish up Fifi for the Sexy Knitters Club by Friday. We shall see how it goes.

1 comment:

eje said...

Um... the sexy knitters club? This is in Durham? You have truly found your people...