06 September 2007

Looks good from afar.

I am working on Lou Henry Hoover's baby blanket that is posted on knitty. I've chosen to do the second variation, which is a replicated pattern of the original blankets that Mrs. Hoover used to knit.

I love the pattern, I love the feel of the blanket.

Sadly, since this if my first foray into double knitting, I am really having some trouble. It seems as though there's a gap or a hole on the "right" side of the blanket just along edge of the double knitting where it meets up with the border.

I don't know what to do and even worse, I don't know what I did. It' been such a long time since I had no idea how to remedy a knitting problem. Eek. I suspect that I've been doing the border rows incorrectly, but I haven't been able to find many blogs detailing their Hoover Blanket experiences. :(

Here are some pictures.












See, if you don't look closely, you can't tell it's effed up:

No comments: