19 October 2007

A wedding attendees trials...

I am going to a wedding with the redhead. I'm looking forward to the weekend, however, I'm not so sure that I feel faith in my travel details. This evening, I fly out of RDU on US Scareways. It's an hour and a bit flight up to Laguardia airport. After an hour layover, I will be taking a puddle-jumper (or alternately a "local airline" or "commuter flight") to Hyannis. Because of complicated travel plans, and only being willing to fly on a puddle-jumper once a year, I am flying into Hyannis and out of Providence, RI. Assuming I make it to Hyannis, I'm sure that the weekend will be lovely. (And with 5 hours of travel time, I think I should be able to do some inches on the baby blanket providing I keep the tendinitis/carpal tunnel at bay.)

Living far away from one's significant other can cause some unforeseen problems regarding packing and traveling:
  • What if we need to take sleeping bags and sleeping pads, and those things reside with you and not me...
  • Since we aren't traveling together and are traveling from different places, how are we both getting there?
    • Since you're getting there before me and will have a rented car, are you planning on retrieving me from the airport?
  • Which outfit looks better? Oh wait, you can't see me because you're living in a different state...
    • Will the colors of our outfits clash?
I think we've gotten most of this worked out. My favorite though - I solicited the redhead's opinion on my outfit last night by managing to take many pictures of myself by placing the camera on the mantel and utilizing the timer function. I then posted them for perusal. And after all that, I'm still not sure which outfit I'm wearing so I'm schlepping them both.

This is by far my favorite picture. I love the dress and look how long my hair is!!! It hardly looks like the old me.


4 comments:

eje said...

I like yer dress. very shiny.

-eje--

ps - hyannis? who are you, a freaking kennedy or something? I'm sure the driver will pick you up in the mercedes. oh, wait. you're white, but your not rich. darn, no driver.

Sara said...

looove the dress. and YOUR hair looks more red! might just be the flash though.. can i save this picture and send it to your old security-guard boyfriends??

Camilla said...

swanky dress! your hair is getting long - send more pix! or post on facebook!

mish said...

hot dress. love the pose.