10 December 2007

Busy Bee

Ever since Thanksgiving, I've been ridiculously busy with work. Even though our fiscal year is not calendar year, things have definitely sped up quite a bit in the last bit of the year. Would you believe that nearly half of our entire income comes in during the month of December? Gotta love those year-end givers!

Work has been busy, I've been back and forth between DC and NC, I've had guests in town and I've been playing a lot of Scrabble - so much Scrabble, in fact, that I have not knit anything at all recently. Normally, I feel guilty for not knitting. However, I think I'm still in the calm after the storm from knitting Fifi. She's done, and I know I owe you a picture, but I just haven't bothered. I'm such a slacker.

I can tell you that in the past few weeks, I've eaten at a slew of good restaurants all over the place. I was turned onto Akashi Sushi in Durham by a friend, and I am in love. My roommates who disliked sushi have found ways to like sushi - it's amazing what replacing the seaweed wrap can do! We also tried Bombay Grille, an Indian restaurant as well. It's been nice getting to try a few new restaurants. Dr. Whyvonne and I are practically obsessed with Thai Cafe and their food, which makes it hard to want anything else to eat!

This weekend, the redhead and my good friend Liz were in town. We spent an ample amount of time yesterday listening to Liz educate all of us ingrates about saving money for retirement and the different kinds of accounts that exist. For the remainder of the time, we listened to a friend practice her thesis defense, which was really interesting. I thought she'd been in grad school just to drink beer - turns out that she's been doing work too! We also had a little feast at the house last night - leak tart, wilted spinach and a delicious chocolate mousse pie (made by Dr. Whyvonne herself!)

Right now, I'm counting down until this weekend when I get to visit with my friend Sciacca in NY. It will be lovely, and I can't wait. 4.5 days.

1 comment:

mish said...

1. why is dr. whyvonne called whyvonne?

2. you ate chocolate? was it amazing?!??!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!