30 January 2008

Again...and again...

Dizzy is making me dizzy.

I started working on it a couple day ago...and I've had some technical difficulties. I have restarted the patterned section multiple times...

SSK, K2tog

First try: I somehow managed to miscount and ended up with 88 stitches instead of 90...

Second try: instead, I simply kept slipping that same stitch...no knitting, just slipping

Third try: instead, I tried s1-K2tog-PSSO - not at all the same...

This pattern is simple. I know what SSK is...but where my brain was the first time I looked at the pattern, I do not know.

Now, third try, I did SSK, K2tog...and guess what... It works. I am finally on my way to successfully knitting this damn hat.












I got my successful re-start on Dizzy last night over a beggar's feast - veggie burger, arugula salad:



















In other news, haircuts and oil changes give me a new lease on life. My hair had been so ratty...and now it finally looks normal. Whew! Haircuts with new hairdressers are always a bit stressful. And even though I think that my hair is straightforward to cut and style...it has confounded people in the past. Currently, I am growing my hair out do donate to Locks of Love. I guess I started about a year ago. It hasn't been too bad thus far, and it's finally nearly chin length. It's such a great idea, I'm so glad it's out there. And additionally, I think it's amazing that 80% of their donations come from children wanting to help other children. The oil change is not nearly such a good cause...just doing my part to prevent my beloved car from dying sooner than I want it to...

No comments: