31 January 2008

Delicious...

Delicious Library

Have any of you heard of this before...?

I might have to check it out. I spent some time on their website today. In addition to being helpful for knitting books, I think that it would just help with knowing what I have, etc. Half of my books are in boxes, the other half are living with the redhead...

It's pretty crazy. Your Mac's iSight camera will scan in the bar code for you. I may be in love.

I've wanted to catalog my books for a while, but the only way I could think to do it would be in Excel or Access...

2 comments:

nancy said...

that is incredibly cool and yet... the Orwellian part of my brain thinks "Wait, "they" know who your friends are and how you know them (facebook etc.), what you're thinking about (blogs), what you buy (credit cards), where you go (EZ-Pass, Fastrack etc) and now everything in your library! I'm sure there is really no "they" keeping track of all this stuff, and if there is it is just a bunch of people who want to sell us things rather than anything sinister. But every exciting development like this makes me think!

jessmonster said...

librarything.com is another good cataloging site - the first 200 books are free, but you can also buy a lifetime membership. It makes me want to buy more and more and more books.