10 February 2008

draggle-tailed guttersnipe egg pie

My mom and I spent the weekend relaxing and eating... It wasn't until this evening that I actually cooked anything. I made another egg pie tonight, my favorite easy creation.



Draggle-Tailed Guttersnipe Egg Pie

4 eggs
1 C milk
3/4 C shredded swiss cheese
3/4 C shredded carrot
1/2 C roughly chopped mushrooms
1/2 C roughly chopped colored pepper
1/4 C diced onion
1/4 C Bisquick
1 T olive oil
1 tsp Montreal Steak Seasoning
salt and pepper to taste

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Sautee the onions and carrots about 5 minutes. Add mushrooms and pepper, and sautee another 2 to 3 minutes. Allow to cool, while you grease a glass pie dish, and then mix together the other ingredients. Add the cooled onion mixture.

Bake for 35-45 minutes, until golden brown around the edges.

Slice, then stuff face.

I didn't stuff my face with it - I only at the curried squash soup, since the egg pie had cheese in it. :( This no cheese thing BLOWS, but I'm trying to rock it.



I spent some time today looking at apartments, which was kind of interesting. It brought up some interesting questions - do I need a putting green? a sunroom? a LARGE deck? a closet the size of my current room? We shall see.

This evening, while vegging in front the L Word and My Fair Lady, I will be working on a little
bit of my red Green Gable, and starting to work on a couple Knit Felted Catnip Mice. I haven't felted any items before, so I thought I would start small.

2 comments:

IrishgirlieKnits said...

This sounds delicious!! I may have to try!!

eje said...

your food looks deeelish. and if you get an apartment with a huge walk-in closet, can I use it as a bedroom??