14 February 2008

♥ Happy Crass Consumerist Hallmark Money-trap Day! ♥

Happy Valentine's Day everyone!

Last night, before I went to bed, there were some nice, plump snowflakes coming down. Very little accumulation in Durham, although I did have to scrape my car. Some of the surrounding areas had as much as 2 or 3 inches. Despite having gotten very little snow (not even enough to collect on the ground), there were some school delays in Durham today, which I find nearly comical.

My day is off to a not so happy start. Pretty Penny, our dog-sitting charge, woke me up at 4:30am. I didn't get up to see what was wrong until she'd been barking and whining for 15 minutes. I took her out three times before 6:00am, at which point, I had to just get in the shower to prevent myself from crying or screaming in frustration that I'd just wasted an hour of sleep because Penny simply wanted attention.

I made some good headway on my Green Gable last night. I probably only have about 3 or 4 inches left to do on the bottom. I tried it on last night and it came to my natural waist. I'll try it on again tonight before I head off to the knitting group. After finishing the bottom, all I've got is the sleeves. I really was hoping to finish it last weekend, but that didn't happen. Maybe this weekend!

No comments: