29 February 2008

Leap Day Round Up

I'll be spending a good part of the weekend relaxing with my mom and celebrating her birthday. I'm hoping that I have some time to really put my mind to finishing my two current projects - my Portland Pullover and my Foliage. I've got over half the body and one and a half sleeves done on the Portland Pullover, and I'm hoping that I will be able to attach the sleeves and work on the yoke tonight. As for my Foliage, I haven't spent much time on it in the past couple days, but I think I can really crank through it while I'm on the plane to Baltimore this evening.
I love finishing projects and busting through my stash. Using my stash is part of my 101 Things in 1001 Days, which as I mentioned before, without any planning or forethought takes me right up to my 30th birthday.
One of the other things that I am dedicated to, is working on finishing my UFOs (unfinished objects). There are 4 that I am trying to finish - the first of which is my knit tank from 2004. I am going to get it this weekend. It's a simple pattern - knit a front and back, and then make a nice neckline. I've got my one remaining skein, and I'm anxious to get to work on it.
As for the baby poncho, which has never even made it into a picture. I think I am going to pull it out. I started it with some leftover yarn, which ended up not being enough to finish it. I started to add some knitting onto the bottom of each of my two pieces with a different color yarn...with a different size needle. It looks like crap.
The rainbow sock (which I hate) and the aran sweater both have high likelihoods of being finished sometime this year...but perhaps not too soon...

Happy Leap Day everyone. And Happy (slightly belated) Birthday to my mom!

No comments: