25 March 2008

melancholy celebration stacked pie

I didn't make it through Lent guilt free. In fact, my roommates will tell you that while I didn't buy cheese...I did steal their cheese. (I replaced it - don't worry.)

To celebrate, I've modified a couple different recipes to come up with the following. No eggs in this one though.



Melancholy Celebration Stacked Pie

4 wheat tortillas (10")
2 C cheese
cooking spray
1 T olive oil
1/2 small onion diced
2 diced cloves garlic
1/2 green pepper diced
3/4 C shredded carrot
1 can diced tomatoes
3/4 can black beans
2 t chili powder
1/2 t cumin
a splash of hot sauce
salt and pepper

Sautee the onions and garlic for 3-4 minutes in the olive oil over medium heat. Add the carrots and green pepper, sautee for another 3-4 minutes. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Add the can of diced tomatoes, the black beans, the hot sauce and spices - cook over medium heat for another 10 minutes until some of the liquid has burned off. While that is cooking, spray the bottom and sides of a baking dish, and place the first tortilla in. Cover the tortilla with a fourth of the bean mixture, and a fourth of the cheese. Repeat, ending in a cheese layer.

Bake for 25 minutes. Let cool for a few minutes, slice like pie and serve.





I've been working diligently on my Pea Pod. I think it's turning out pretty well. It's a good easy knit for Law & Order and my constant stream of movies. I'm currently working on Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind. It's pretty melancholy.



I also had a little more baking fun too. I tried a different recipe than I normally do. I used one from JoyofBaking.com.

No comments: