10 April 2008

Losing my marbles

Things at work are very busy these days. I raise money and excitement around Reunion. It's a fun, though sometimes frustrating job, that I absolutely love. (And those who know me, know that I do not love jobs easily.)

I'm feeling stressed out and tired. I'm feeling excited and enthusiastic.

I'm also feeling foodie and nostalgic. When I buckle down to attend to the details, I let my mind wander.

I went to the store on Monday, and I came back with some mediocre produce from our mediocre grocery store. We've got a couple around here, but the closest is the least impressive and most reasonably priced. I got my ration for the week and headed home... And now, 3 days later, I'm not sure what I did with my acorn squash... It couldn't have walked away. It's not rolling around in my trunk - I checked. I can't remember if I brought it home or not...

Correction: I'm losing my acorn squash.

As it borders on spring, all I can think of are planting zinnias and lobelia, and snipping daffodils for bright kitchen tables. I want tomatoes and squash planted and grown and loved. I'm ready for spring to be well underway and heading into summer when the fruits of someone's labor, potentially my own, will be ready to sample. Farmers markets are lovely, but so is the satisfaction growing your own.

I just hope that I won't lose time, waste time or forget. Because I do - I do want the savory taste of my own homegrown goodness.

.....

Along those lines, I stumbled on this blog this morning - go take a gander:
Red Wattle

1 comment:

The A.D.D. Knitter said...

How funny, several days ago I lost a container of half and half and am just dreading finding it again!