19 April 2008

pressure cooking

I love pressure cookers. I spent some quality time with my roommates' lovely pressure cooker this week, and I ended up with a delicious mushroom risotto.

Mushroom & Corn Risotto

3 T butter
2 T olive oil
1 large onion, diced
1 clove garlic, minced
8oz sliced baby bella mushrooms
1/2 C canned shoepeg corn
1/2 C arborio rice
3 1/2 C vegetable broth
1/2 C red wine
1/2 C grated parmesean cheese

In a pressure cooker, heat 2 T butter and 2 T olive oil. Add diced onion and minced garlic - saute until translucent. Add rice, mushrooms and corn - stir to coat. Add broth and red wine. Cover and cook under high pressure* for 8 minutes.

Release pressure using the cold water release (or quick release) method. Add remaining butter and parmesean cheese.

Makes 4 meal sized servings.

*Consult your pressure cooker's instruction manual to find out how to tell when your pressure cooker has reached high pressure.





1 comment:

nenny said...

So that takes all of ... 20 minutes, maybe? Start to finish? Damn. I've been coveting my mom's pressure cooker for nearly 10 years now - I totally need one.