09 June 2008

Knitting Abandonment

The process of weeding through my music has been going well, but it took a little break for the weekend.

I had a lovely weekend in the sweltering swamp that is DC. I wish I had some pictures to show you the sexy crew that I went cycling with on Saturday morning. We had an amazingly sweaty and humid ride from Arlington, through Georgetown, around the mall and back through Arlington Cemetery. We all looked schnazzy in our lycra and spandex. There were a few comical mishaps with persons within our party tipping over while on their bikes (I won't name names).

After showering and some weak attempts at rehydration, I went the cyclists and I (and a few additions) headed to Attilla's Turkish restaurant in Arlington, VA. I highly recommend it. They have the most magnificent hummus. Then, we spent the rest of the afternoon relaxing in the A/C.

I have not been able to knit recently. I just can't motivated. I have knitting projects that I need to work on, but I'm having so much fun cooking and baking. In the past 2 weeks, I've made:
Banana Bread (of course)
Quick Oatmeal Raisin Bread
Braised White Beans with Tomatoes, Zucchini and Garlic
Ginger-Miso Soup with Udon Noodles
Rigatoni with Tomatoes and White Beans

And then, today's adventure:
Mixed Berry Muffins






No comments: