Here's the Original, last updated in April.
Here's the update:
Green Bold Text = In process.
Red Bold Text = Completed.
Health and wellness:
- Join a gym – Done 11/07/07
- Find a personal trainer – Done 11/8/07
- Get in 3 cardio sessions per week for 4 weeks
- Be able to do 20 push-ups
- Do five push-ups on my fists
- Lose 5 lbs (mostly from my bum)
- Lose an inch off my hips
- Find a PCP and get a physical
- Go to an orthopedist for my bad shoulder again…
- Drink 32 oz of water at work each work day
- Floss everyday
- Eat only home-prepared, non-pre-packaged food for 2 weeks
- Take a yoga class
- Take a ski lesson again
- Take a tennis class
- Work on posture daily
- Take the stairs at work each day
- Get my bike tuned up and have speedometer installed
- Ride my bike to work ten times (2/10)
- Go 5 days without using the computer
Home and Garden and Closet:
- Cook a meal a month for friends for a year (4/12)
- Work on making every recipe in one of my cookbooks
- Find an apartment with ample light for my plants by May 2008
- Find a nice kitchen table and chairs
- Purchase a set of flatware with pistol handle knives by April 2008 – GIVEN TO MY BY MY AMAZING MOTHER
- Use Replacements to complete my
- Plant a vegetable garden (either at my new place, at Jiff and Whyvonne’s or find a community garden)
- Repot houseplants
- Trim back houseplants and root for gifts
- Use canvas bags when I go to the grocery store
- Get a new hermit crab and keep him alive for at least a year
- Get rid of all clothes that I haven’t worn in over a year
- Have black and navy suits tailored by February 2008
- Finish knitting cabled sweater by September 2008
- Finish knitting Fifi by January 2008 – Done over Thanksgiving 07!
- Finish knitting abandoned tank top by February 2008 – I had left it in DC, but better late than never!
- Learn to knit Continental style by June 2008
- Complete my first Elizabeth Zimmerman pattern by March 2008
- Join a knitting group and attend regularly – Done – January 2008
- Finish 15 knitting projects by the end of 2008 (/15)
- Abstain from buying new yarn until July 2008 – I’m busting through my stash like you wouldn’t believe!
- Finish at least 3 of the 15 projects for 2008 with leftover yarn (8 – BSJ#2, Nautilus#2, Ribbed Hat, Ripple Eyelet Baby Hat, Foliage, Bainbridge Scarf, Knit Mice, Foliage #2, Fiscal Year End Hat #2, Antonio, Teeny Fish)
- Piece together quilt squares
- Set up new retirement account by December 2008
- Get paperwork to waive 1 year waiting period for Duke employer funded retirement plan – Done 11/06/07
- Change retirement allotment from 7% to 10% by January 2010
- Contact Triangle Family Services about debt counseling
- Pay off first credit card by September 2008
- Pay off half of accrued debt by November 2008
- Pay off all credit card debt by August 2010
- Create a substantial budget by May 2008, and stick to it!
- Add some money to my IRA each year (2007, 2008, 2009, 2010)
- Do my taxes at least a month in advance each year (2008, 2009, 2010)
- Take a class on first time home-buying
- Save $10,000 in a savings account
- Track expenditures more closely and watch monthly debt reduction progress
Career and education:
- Attend 1 job related conference each year (2008, 2009, 2010).
- Create/update a portfolio
- Begin studying for GMAT by June 2008
- Take a management class
- For sanity’s sake, file things weekly for 4 weeks – this is really working for me. I love being able to see my desk.
- Look into getting a CFRE credential – I looked in to it, and talked to a couple people I know. The general consensus was that I didn’t need to spend the time, money or energy on it.
- Update my resume
- See all Oscar winners for Best Picture (29/80)
- Watch a Jane Austen movie adaptation for each book (Sense & Sensibility, Persuasion)
- Watch a Shakespeare movie adaptation for each play (Romeo & Juliet. Much
About Nothing, Hamlet, A Midsummer Night’s Dream, King Lear) Ado
- Get Netflix – makes all this movie watching easier!
- Join a library
- Join a book club – Joined one and then it disbanded.
- Finish a book a month – this is much harder than I thought considering all the knitting and movie watching I’ve been doing.
- Reread all Jane Austen novels (0/10)
- Read all Charles Dickens novels (0/23)
- Join List of Bests to track my progress through Penguin’s “100 Classic Books You Must Read Before You Die” – I don’t need to finish them all, just get started.
- Go through books and purge those I have read and will not read again
- VOTE! – I got the 2008 primary done.
- Find a group to volunteer for by February 2008 – Got one group. I’ll probably continue looking for more.
- Take a cooking class – took one – it was GREAT!
- Take a communications class
- Learn to use pivot tables in Excel
- Join the LGBT employee group at Duke.
- Create a soufflé that doesn’t sink
- Go white water rafting
- Go hiking 6 times before November 2008 (1/6)
- Do something cultural monthly (museum/play/concert)
– done. And I can’t wait to go back! Chicago
- Go to the Zoo with Carolyn
- Go to a driving range
- Take two road trips (0/2)
- Try at least one new NC restaurant a month (or MORE!)
- Mail a secret to Post Secret
- Go to two wineries (2/2)
- See Wicked
- Acquire Catchphrase
- Acquire Taboo
- Do 1 Sudoku puzzle or crossword puzzle a week
- Learn to play chess
- Become proficient at using my mouse left handed
- Get a pedicure
- Send 30 snail mail letters, excluding year-end holiday cards (15/30)
- Write a new list when I finish this one
Number of items in Progress: 32/101Number of items Completed: 33/101