22 July 2008

Debbie Downer

I've been feeling a little low recently. Work has been a little frustrating recently, I've got a lot of work to do and all of my good work friends have moved away! I'm trying to make positive strides at work, and focus my energy positively forward. I've got two big projects due this week, and I'm trying hard to focus.

Additionally, I haven't been making progress on my debt. I've been awaiting a $1000 reimbursement for my move down to NC. Ahhhh. The budget. I was so good before, but here, in vacation-land, where money is no object, I have trouble sticking to the budget. After talking with a friend, she reminded me to talk about it, and blog about it - and to go back and read my own blog. I'm feeling reinvigorated. I'm going to work hard to cut down on my many, many unnecessary expenses - ESPECIALLY EATING OUT.

Tonight, I'm going to go home, clean out my frig and see what I have left. Then I'll know if I really need to go to the grocery store or not. Between gas prices, buying food and eating out, I've been bankrupting myself. I strongly aspire to get back on track ASAP. After I clean out the frig, I'll be closely scrutinizing my finances and working to right the toppled mess that is my budget.

In more pleasant news, I spent a lovely weekend in DC with my compatriots. Good times were had by all - there was a great concert at Wolf Trap which included a beer and Chipotle-laden picnic, playing with Amy's little girl Kara, noshable Udupi Palace, a ridiculously fun (and funny) cooking class at L'Academie de Cuisine, a birthday visit to Baltimore, lounging by the pool, and a train ride! Woo. Well, to be honest, it wasn't JUST a weekend - it was a 4 day weekend.

I did get some good work done on my knitted top. Sadly, the progress I did was somewhat stilted by the fact that I was repeatedly pulling out and reknitting. I mean that. I probably pulled out and reknit at LEAST a foot of this top. It's going well now. I'm done with side 1, and I am 3 inches in to side 2.

Here's side 1, pre-blocking:



I'd better make some progress fast - I've only got a week left!!!!

3 comments:

eje said...

atta girl!

Camilla said...

looking good! hang in there with the budget thing --- have you tried this budget software called mint?

see mint.com - it is helpful and color coded (and pretty too - so extra helpful for me)

herding tapeworms said...

i read "toppled mess" as "topless." oops. don't worry about your setbacks, just reknit your finances the way you reknit all your wares.