25 August 2008

I'd Rather Be Vacationing

I spent a relaxing weekend in Connecticut. In addition to having some good food, seeing 50 year old women in fishnets, and seeing a mountain lion, we also got to watch some teenagers use some underdeveloped decision making skillz. It was nice to be in the north east, above the horrendous humidity and heinous traffic of the megalopolis along I-95. After my first trip up to New England, I was sold. I knew that I wanted to live there at some point. The closer I get to thinking about grad school, the more I start to think there might be a real possibility for me to finally be somewhere that plucks my heartstrings.

We had a great time and got a lot of much-needed sleep. There was a lot of porch-sitting and knitting, which was excellent. I started a new project at the airport on Friday, and I can't wait to see how the finished product looks. It's going to be a gift for a well-deserving friend.



When I arrived home to my empty refrigerator on Sunday night, I was happy to find just the right combination of foods. I ended up being able to craft a rather tasty Zucchini & Caramelized Onion Pizza. I have had no problem eating the entire thing myself. I would eat caramelized onions on or with just about anything.



That simple pizza and a glass of white wine managed to fortify me and helped me to brace myself for the upcoming week. Tomorrow is JJ's birthday, so I'll have to celebrate remotely - that will definitely take some time and energy. I'll also be heading to DC for work for Wednesday and Thursday, arriving home on Friday, only to leave again on Friday afternoon for another weekend adventure.

I'd better get to packing and eating dinner before the time slips away from me. Thankfully, I have 90210 to keep me company.

1 comment:

herding tapeworms said...

we can have a phone dance party but only if you promise not to sing to me. i miss you!