11 September 2008

The Losing Game

When I moved to Durham, I ended up joining a gym off campus that is, now inconvenient to my apartment. I find it difficult to find the time to go during work, it's ridiculously crowded right after work and a bit too far to go once I've gotten home and settled in for the evening. Today, through the wonders of Duke's online system, I signed up for a new (and cheaper) gym. It's one of the gyms on campus. It's walking distance to my office, and my coworker and I have a goal: look better by the end of October.

Now, I look pretty good to begin with, but at the end of October, I'll be heading to my hometown for my high school reunion. My good friend Amy had a very good point when I was trying to determine if I was going to attend or not. She said, "High school reunion won't happen [again] until 2018. You're still skinny & attractive, and who knows what you'll look like at 38." Well played, Amy. It was enough to convince me to go. Again, of course, I look pretty good now, but I'd really love for my skinny jeans to look less like my sausage jeans.

I'm just hoping daily cardio can help me achieve that goal.

2 comments:

Jadielady said...

Best of luck with your goal. I wimped out and didn't go to mine last year, though honestly most of my friends were a year younger(like you!) I hope you have fun and let me know if you want to meet up.

MikaJ said...

did you sign up for the east or west gym? we should meet up a the gym sometime!!! have an awesome weekend, esp at the ren fest...NERD!