17 September 2008

Sinking Feeling

In the summer of 2005, I stuck a bunch of personal belongings in the storage unit of a friend who failed to pay their bill.

In the summer of 2006, I went to retrieve my stuff, and it had been sold off at auction.

Included in those items were all of my picture albums from high school and college, my yearbooks, my baby blanket and other various and sundry things that were important to me.

From time to time, I get this sinking feeling in my stomach. I'll think about a picture from college, or a moment in high school. "Oh, I've got a picture of that."

No, I don't. I don't have any of that.

Today, my good friend Carlye joined Facebook. I thought to myself that I should scan some high school pictures to put up of her and I. Sadly, I have only one. :(

2 comments:

Jadielady said...

*hugs*
Do you remember the video we made in 97?
Yeah :( I'm sorry you also lost so many personal items. All we can truly keep are our memories.

Nancy said...

oh my goodness, that is terrible. i'm so sorry. i have nightmares about things like that. even though i hardly EVER look at any of that stuff, i never give anything away because i'm upset at the idea of not having it.

but it is true, your memories are what REALLY count, and can never be lost!