07 October 2008

delightful cabbage, hateful Klondike bars

It seems implausible, but I've been getting to work early this week. Now, how long this trend will last remains unseen. I have greatly enjoyed the quiet of the office before my officemate and others' arrival. It's been months since I got in before 9am, I'd practically forgotten!

My main time to tidy my house is in the mornings before work. The earlier I get up, the less likely that is to happen. Hence, my house is a wreck. After making dinner and baking a bit, I decided to put my cleaning and tidying skills into action. I made a pretty big dent - including throwing away a week's worth of Klondike (i (h)ate Klondike bars.) wrappers which were just balled up on the coffee table, unloading the dishwasher, and unloading my suitcase from NYC a week and a half ago.

And of course, you can see dinner at the left. It was delicious and from the Vegetarian Times recipes. Napa Cabbage Salad. I really love being able to put in a couple search words and find a recipe. I typed in cabbage and pepper, and voila!

While relaxing in between cooking and baking, I spent a little time working on a loosely knit project. I know I should completely be off of knitting until my hand feels better but this hasn't bothered it one bit. I have temporarily abandoned my other knitting projects, but this one is so easy on the hand. Additionally, I'm using Patons Soy Wool Stripes yarn and I love it.



And finally, without further ado, here's a picture of the newest Banana Bread. I got the recipe from All Recipes. I've made a few things from their site before, including another Banana Bread. I did make a few additions/changes - added cinnamon, nuts, made a streusel thingy for the top, and did half white and half brown sugar. We'll see how it turns out. It's too close to my bed time to wait for it to cool and taste.

1 comment:

borntoride said...

you spelled klondyke wrong and besides, i thought you loved them? the ones with oreo?