03 October 2008

Happy Blogversary!

(or Blogiverary - you say pot-ay-toe, I say po-tah-toe.)

A little recap of what's gone on since I started blogging:

- Oct 2005 - I went to the Fall Fiber Festival in Virginia. While there, I purchased 2 lbs of Duke blue wool to spin. It remains untouched.
- May 2006 - I chronicled a revolutionary visit to the Maryland Sheep and Wool Festival where I purchased nothing.
- February 2007 - I meditated on Lent and lamented my slow knitting skills.
- May 2007 - Before I'd gotten on to Ravelry, I resorted to listing out my future knitting projects.
- November 2007 - I started my list of 101 Things in 1001 Days.
- January 2008 - Enjoyed a lovely trip to San Francisco. It was only my 2nd time there.
- May 2008 - Moved into my own place.
- August 2008 - I got to buy new yarn after being on a destashing, credit card debt-reducing moratorium on yarn buying.
- September 2008 - I continued dreaming about being debt free...
- October 2008 - And lastly, having done very little spinning over the entire life of this blog, I am trying to live up to my name sake and begin spinning like a ninny.

And there you have the recap, the rundown, and Cliff's Notes to my blog.

Additionally, I'd like to offer up a little then and now photo montage:



2005 vs 2008.

Times, they are a-changing. Since Fall 2005, I've moved 5 times, I've gained 20 lbs, my hair has grown 6" longer. My posts per year has gone from 5 to over 150. My loyal readers have increased from only myself to myself and at least 3 other people (liz, jj and misha) and the occasional dalliance by someone who has googled "Punch you in the dick".

But seriously, enough about me already, right?

Please feel free to leave comments and suggestions for my blog. I suppose this is as good a time as any.

2 comments:

KathyMarie said...

Happy Blogiversary! The recap is helpful for us new readers. :)

herding tapeworms said...

don't worry, you're still a ninny in my eyes.