22 November 2008

Arancini

Fun!

I really enjoyed whipping up these little fried balls of goodness. I tried 3 varieties. Regular, stuffed with cheese, and stuffed with cheese and some Tabasco green pepper sauce. Ultimately, all 3 tasted exactly the same. The only real difference between the three was that those I didn't stuff fried the best - they didn't fall apart, they stayed balled up and they were the easiest to eat (both with fingers and a fork).

So, here's the pictorial of the process:


Rolled balls of risotto. These were the cheese stuffed ones. It was harder to stuff them than I'd anticipated.



Not sure if I chose the right oil - or the right pan. It was difficult for me to determine what the right temperature was.



My finished product! Ultimately, I think that these would be REALLY good if the risotto was really good. I'll definitely try this again. It's relatively low key and easy to do - especially since I was able to watch half of a movie without having to chop vegetables or whisk a roux.


In the process of making all of this, and researching what to do and with what ingredients, I found an amazing blog with an amazing arancini recipe! Check it out: http://chefsgonewild.blogspot.com/2007/11/arancini-aka-fried-risotto-balls.html

1 comment:

borntoride said...

I AM SO MAD AT MYSELF! I JUST LOOKED AT YOUR BLOG AND THAT WAS A BAD IDEA CUZ THERE IS FOOD AND I AM HANGRY!