17 November 2008

Curry

I was up late last night trying my darnedest to be productive. Managing household things and a 2nd job is more complicated than I had imagined. That being said, I did get some stuff done last night. Firstly, and most importantly, I met Mika for coffee and din. We had some EXCELLENT coffee at Bean Traders first. I highly recommend stopping by there if you're in need of a pick-me-up - it's a nice unassuming and unpretentious atmosphere with delish espresso. We moseyed over to Cosmic Cantina for entirely too much food.

When I got home, I lazed around for a bit, and then finally managed to muster some productivity. I changed litter, vacuumed the house, put some clothes away, chatted with the a couple friends, packaged up a couple gifties for friends and cooked.

Early last week, I did a Curried Lentil Soup, which was amazing. I really love lentils...and curry. My recipe last night was Vegetable Curry. It is beautiful. What a smorgasbord of veggies and flavors - cauliflower, peas, carrots, potatoes, onions and garlic. Add to that butter, cumin, coriander, cardamom, turmeric and cayenne pepper. Amazing!

2 comments:

borntoride said...

i hadn't even finished reading the post before i felt the need to comment! You went to cosmic....?? I am so jealous. Did you love it?

KathyMarie said...

Your curry looks delish! Hooray!

Whenever we cook without a recipe it always seems to end up as a curry, which is never really bad.