30 November 2008

FO: February Lady Sweater for Julie!

Pattern: February Lady Sweater
Size: Blend of Small and Medium
Yarn: Lion Brand Cotton-Ease in Charcoal
Needles: #7
Started: 8/22/2008
Finished: 11/30/2008

After months of carting this around with me all over creation, I'm happy to say that I've finally finished this long overdue birthday gift. Happy Birthday, Julie - on September 22nd.

This is an excellent and clearly adorable pattern! My one problem - about 2/3s of the way through, it became apparent that I was not going to have enough yarn to finish the project. To remedy this, I got more of the Cotton-Ease in Charcoal, the dye-lot of which was WAY off. I alternated every other row with my original yarn and the new dye-lot. I hadn't ever done that before, so I'm glad to know what to do in the case of an emergency like that.

The construction of the sweater - true to Elizabeth Zimmerman's design - is easy to understand and knit! Thanks to Pamela Wynne for making this pattern for adults!

I really do love this pattern - I totally want to knit it for myself and everyone I know!

And of course, my favorite part, the buttons! They are soooo Julie. I do have to say, my best ideas, I've stolen from other people. Were it not for Stitchy Witch, I would never have even known that these buttons existed. Same pattern, same buttons.



Arrrrr! I packaged it up with a little black tissue paper in honor of the Black Pearl. :)

3 comments:

Jifferspop said...

This is my favorite one!!! You know I want to steal those buttons.

Nancy said...

that is AWESOME! yarrrr! pirate buttons (on a very lovely and feminine sweater)-- The February Grace O'Malley Sweater!

T. said...

LOVE it!