22 November 2008

Monochromatic

After a long day at work, I spent some time in the kitchen. I've been trying to use up some of the stuff I had in the house, as you know from my last post.

I ended up making some cheddar leek risotto. I always have arborio rice in the house, since risotto with a pressure cooker is ridiculously easy. I found the recipe here at the Barbaric Gulp. I didn't alter the recipe other than to omit the chives, which is a real accomplishment for me, since I feel compelled to alter nearly every recipe I encounter. I don't know how much I like it. It's actually a bit too creamy for me. Not a huge deal though - I don't intend to eat this. I'll be chilling it tonight in order to make Arancini tomorrow. Fried risotto balls. This is the recipe that I am gonna use: Madeline's Adaptations.

To add to the creamy, cheese color scheme, I made my friend Liz's Cauliflower and Cheese. So delicious. There's really no good way to photograph either, and ultimately, no matter how tasty and savory they are, they are still ugly. Here you go:


No comments: