So says Leonard DaVinci, so says I.
1. Hinduism & Buddhism The total effect of a person's actions and conduct during the successive phases of the person's existence, regarded as determining the person's destiny.
2. Fate; destiny.
3. Informal A distinctive aura, atmosphere, or feeling: There's bad karma around the house today.
I'm not so sure that I've been conducting myself in a way that would allow me to be successful at achieving the next level of my existence. When I speak about karma, which I do rather frequently, I use the term to mean you get what you give.
Bad things happen in 3s.
1. Bad pap smear - resulting in rather painful and extended colposcopy where they removed 3 sets of tissue samples. The first sample was removed with a rather dull set of forceps. Yowsers - severly painful.
2. Car accident on election day. It was a fender bender - nothing serious, but a good reminder to pay attention to my driving and my behavior.
3. Driving into a parking deck with low clearance with my bicycle on top of my roof racks. Car and racks are ok, but were forcibly removed. When I have a spare couple of hours, I'll put the system back together.
I guess the moral to the story is, I need to watch my Ps and Qs. (And for the record, that's not minding your "pleases" and "thank yous". I like to lean toward the tavern definition - pints and quarts - or the printing press definitions - don't reverse the letter p with the letter q.)
Whoso diggeth a pit shall fall therein: and he that rolleth a stone, it shall return upon him.
I'm a slow learner. I'll get it eventually.