22 November 2008

Sky Diving and Friend Appreciation

One of my 12 (or so) closest BFFs jumped out of a plane today.

I didn't even want to talk to her about this weekend - I was terrified for her. She jumped from Sky Dive Orange, which had a death in September. I realize that the deaths and accidents are far fewer than the perfect jumps, but it still made me nervous.

She survived, and has checked off that box. I'm so glad that she had a good experience - because ultimately, karma owes her one. :)

In addition, I really, really, really, miss a bunch of people. I'm so lucky to have so many good friends that I know, love and appreciate.
My parents
Misha
Misha's Tatas, which I will never see again
Jiffy
Liz
JJ
Sciacca
Those girls in Cambodia
Naito
Leah
Jo
Joc
Amy
and Julie

That's a lot of people.

Whew.

Well, while I think happy thoughts about them, I'm gonna go fry some risotto balls and think about my future... That will include grad school thoughts, post-debt thoughts and about how I can't wait to get another free flight from my frequent flier miles. My next stop will probably be Seattle. Mmmm... Never been there, can't wait.

5 comments:

borntoride said...

awwwwwwwwwww sarah i miss you sooooooo so so much! crogggggggggssssssssssssssss!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

bruiser said...

you're going to seattle? can i come?

Jifferspop said...

Oh, I forgot to tell you...the had another death three weeks before I jumped. Yikes!

I miss you, too!! Btw...I highly recommend Seattle. I loved it!! I would go again in a heartbeat.

julie said...

i think that the person that died there in sept is somehow related to a lady i work with!

julie said...

oh, and you should make these for me next time i visit. and i think the death i am thinking of is the one that was three weeks ago, actually. next time i will read all your other comments before butting in :)