05 December 2008

Impending Weekend

The weekend is finally upon us - and for once, I am well rested. I often struggle with sleep, but last night, I got 8 hours! Aside from the occasional weekend night sleep, I usually get between 4 and 6 hours of sleep. I constantly feel beaten down, exhausted and unfocused. With some guidance from my wise knitting group, I slept successfully last night.

It's a wonder that I haven't gotten sick recently. With my lack of sleep and the over abundance of sick coworkers, I would have thought I was a shoo-in for illness. Not so! I've been well (knock on wood) this season. I hope to spend some time tonight doing a little bit of cooking - and probably working on some vegetable noodle soup for one of my favorite sick coworkers.

Jiffy is headed down this weekend and I can't wait! There's going to be Christmas shopping, errand running, delicious food and, of course, copious amounts of silliness and laughter. YAY.

1 comment:

Ingrid said...

Girl, I am so proud of you for getting a good night's sleep! I struggle with that too. Rock on!