02 December 2008

On Fire!!

In addition to actually doing some knitting and playing with the Wii Fit (I cannot for the life of me figure out how the hell do to the Tight Rope Walk), I spent a lot of time in the kitchen. The first staff meeting of each month is when we celebrate all birthdays and work anniversaries for the month. It was my day to provide snacks.


For my first feat, I made some banana bread for my office. It was, as always, a different recipe. It had no eggs in it and was somewhat more cake like. Everyone at the office definitely appreciated it.

You can find the recipe here:
http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Banana-Bread-VIII/Detail.aspx





Did I stop there? No way! I was on a roll.

For my next trick, I whipped up two mini-loaves of my #1 favorite banana bread:
http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Banana-Bread-I/Detail.aspx

I had run out of all but a table spoon of butter, so I used that, baking oil and extra bananas. I hope it turns out well. I will find out tomorrow. I kept a loaf for myself and baked one for my coworker Mary. Mmm. Instead of my normal walnut addition, I used peanut butter swirl chocolate chips. I'm sure that it will add a little sumthin', sumthin'.

Here they are baking:



And that wasn't it. After that, I did manage to make the Leek and Mushroom Breakfast Roll.

I do love cooking and baking.

No comments: