Green Bold Text = In process.
Red Bold Text = Completed.
Health and wellness:
- Join a gym – Done 11/07/07
- Find a personal trainer – Done 11/8/07 – ditched him though do to costs.
- Get in 3 cardio sessions per week for 4 weeks – I’ve been getting 4. Yay!
- Be able to do 20 push-ups
- Do five push-ups on my fists
- Lose 5 lbs (mostly from my bum)
- Lose an inch off my hips
- Find a PCP and get a physical
- Go to an orthopedist for my bad shoulder again… (I did it at the beginning of 2008 and then totally fell off the wagon. I’m gonna try for 2009 too…) – Done and done.
- Drink 32 oz of water at work each work day
- Floss everyday
- Eat only home-prepared, non-pre-packaged food for 2 weeks
- Take a yoga class
- Take a ski lesson again
- Take a tennis class
- Work on posture daily
- Take the stairs at work each day
- Get my bike tuned up and have speedometer installed
- Ride my bike to work ten times (4/10)
- Go 5 days without using the computer – now, technically, I was in communication with people via blackberry, but I went 7 days without using a computer!
Home and Garden and Closet:
- Cook a meal a month for friends for a year (12/12)
- Work on making every recipe in one of my cookbooks
- Find an apartment with ample light for my plants by May 2008
- Find a nice kitchen table and chairs
- Purchase a set of flatware with pistol handle knives by April 2008 – GIVEN TO MY BY MY AMAZING MOTHER
- Use Replacements to complete my
- Plant a vegetable garden – container garden on my porch!
- Repot houseplants
- Trim back houseplants and root for gifts
- Use canvas bags when I go to the grocery store
- Get a new hermit crab and keep him alive for at least a year
- Get rid of all clothes that I haven’t worn in over a year – somewhat ongoing, but I spent time doing this in May 2009 and ended up with 3 bags of clothes for goodwill.
- Have black and navy suits tailored by February 2008
- Finish knitting cabled sweater by September 2008 – clearly, not happening. It’s November 2008. I’m going to aim to work on this in 2009.
- Finish knitting Fifi by January 2008 – Done over Thanksgiving 07!
- Finish knitting abandoned tank top by February 2008 – I had left it in DC, but better late than never!
- Learn to knit Continental style by June 2008 – that’s stalled. I’ll keep trying though.
- Complete my first Elizabeth Zimmerman pattern by March 2008
- Join a knitting group and attend regularly – Done – January 2008
- Finish 15 knitting projects by the end of 2008 (/15)
- Abstain from buying new yarn until July 2008 – I’m busting through my stash like you wouldn’t believe!
- Finish at least 3 of the 15 projects for 2008 with leftover yarn (8 – BSJ#2, Nautilus#2, Ribbed Hat, Ripple Eyelet Baby Hat, Foliage, Bainbridge Scarf, Knit Mice, Foliage #2, Fiscal Year End Hat #2, Antonio, Teeny Fish)
- Piece together quilt squares
- Set up new retirement account by December 2008
- Get paperwork to waive 1 year waiting period for Duke employer funded retirement plan – Done 11/06/07
- Change retirement allotment from 7% to 10% by January 2010
- Contact Triangle Family Services about debt counseling
- Pay off first credit card by September 2008
- Pay off half of accrued debt by November 2008 – More like February 2009
- Pay off all credit card debt by August 2010
- Create a substantial budget by May 2008, and stick to it!
- Add some money to my IRA each year (2007, 2008, 2009, 2010)
- Do my taxes at least a month in advance each year (2008, 2009, 2010)
- Take a class on first time home-buying
- Save $10,000 in a savings account
- Track expenditures more closely and watch monthly debt reduction progress
Career and education:
- Attend 1 job related conference each year (2008, 2009, 2010).
- Create/update a portfolio
- Begin studying for GMAT by June 2008 – Kind of fell off the wagon here too. Started, then stopped. Will try again soon.
- Take a management class
- For sanity’s sake, file things weekly for 4 weeks – this is really working for me. I love being able to see my desk.
- Look into getting a CFRE credential – I looked in to it, and talked to a couple people I know. The general consensus was that I didn’t need to spend the time, money or energy on it.
- Update my resume
- See all Oscar winners for Best Picture (32/80)
- Watch a Jane Austen movie adaptation for each book (Sense & Sensibility, Persuasion, Emma)
- Watch a Shakespeare movie adaptation for each play (Romeo & Juliet, Much Ado About Nothing, Hamlet, A Midsummer Night’s Dream, King Lear)
- Get Netflix – makes all this movie watching easier!
- Join a library
- Join a book club – I’m on my second one since moving here – We’ve read Revolutionary Road, The Road and we’re working on The Trial.
- Finish a book a month – this is much harder than I thought considering all the knitting and movie watching I’ve been doing, however, the book club is really solving this.
- Reread all Jane Austen novels (0/10)
- Read all Charles Dickens novels (0/23)
- Join List of Bests to track my progress through Penguin’s “100 Classic Books You Must Read Before You Die” – I don’t need to finish them all, just get started.
- Go through books and purge those I have read and will not read again
- VOTE! – I got the 2008 primary, and presidential elections done.
- Find a group to volunteer for by February 2008 – Got one group. I’ll probably continue looking for more.
- Take a cooking class – took one – it was GREAT!
- Take a communications class
- Learn to use pivot tables in Excel
- Join the LGBT employee group at Duke.
- Create a soufflé that doesn’t sink – it didn’t sink, but I also forgot to grease the soufflé dish!
- Go white water rafting
- Go hiking 6 times before November
- Do something cultural monthly (museum/play/concert)
– done. And I can’t wait to go back! Chicago Go to the Zoo with CarolynI hate zoos.
- Go to a driving range
- Take two road trips (2/2) – Thanksgiving tour of the mid-Atlantic region (NC to RVA to DC to Dad’s River house); NYC trip
- Try at least one new NC restaurant a month (or MORE!)
- Mail a secret to Post Secret
- Go to two wineries (2/2)
- See Wicked – it’s coming to Durham in Fall 2009!
- Acquire Catchphrase
- Acquire Taboo
- Do 1 Sudoku puzzle or crossword puzzle a week
- Learn to play chess
- Become proficient at using my mouse left handed
- Get a pedicure
- Send 30 snail mail letters, excluding year-end holiday cards (30/30)
- Write a new list when I finish this one
Number of items in Progress: 27Number of items Completed: 49/100 (Removed one.)