16 January 2009

Frostbitten, Twice Shy

All this morning, I've had the song "Once Bitten, Twice Shy" by Great White in my head...I've, of course, changed the lyrics to match the temperatures here. When I woke up, it was 12°F. At this point, I'm really glad it has warmed up to 18°F. This is NC, for goodness sake! It's not New York or Chicago. After having seen the outside temperature, I made sure to dress appropriately with scarf, hat, gloves, and my warmest outerwear. I was completely shocked when several coworkers came into the office without gloves on, and completely frozen!

So, here I sit, warming myself by my little space heater contemplating my evening plans. I've been invited to go to dinner and a basketball game, I've been invited to a movie, AND my BFF Julie is in town for some doctor's appointments. I'll probably go hang with Julie, but it's nice to have options. I've been hankering to watch the movie The Boondock Saints. A friend gave it to me for Christmas, and it hasn't even made it out of its' wrapper yet!

With any luck, being planted in front of a movie will allow me to finish the knitting project that I've been working on. I've been quite disappointed with myself. This media detox has been great (although I have fallen off the wagon to watch Caddyshack - well worth it!) But without evening movies, which is my normal regimen, I have less time to knit. I've spent my time working out, cooking, listening to music, reading and scrubbing my tub. (I meant it about the tub.) I'm anxious to have a little relaxing time watching some movies and knitting until my little heart is content.

And, if you're looking for a little more distraction, check out Nancy Pelosi's You Tube contribution: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wtOW1CxHvNY

No comments: