26 January 2009

Getting Out

When I got to work this morning, I was pretty certain that the only fun thing I would do all day was update my blog... Not true. For the first time in quite a while, I'm planning not one...but two hiking trips. I can't wait.

My dad and I are planning one for March, which is the ideal time to go. It's not quite spring, it's not quite winter. The bugs are few and far between...and so are my allergy attacks! We were going to go to the Great Smoky Mountain National Park (GSMNP), but that's a bit of a ways away. It's more of a two night overnight and we're only going to do one. Short and sweet but totally worthwhile. My pack is lonely in the closet without me to keep it warm! We haven't settled on what trail to do, but we've pretty well exhausted the Shenandoah and much of the AT. We're throwing around ideas like Hungry Mother and Cherokee NPs...I even thought that the Virginia Creeper Trail would be fun. It's for mountain biking, but ultimately, it's pretty easy and could be just a nice long walk! Not too strenuous, but enjoyable nonetheless.

I am going to try to rally some friends together for a 2 or 3 overnighter in the GSMNP. I'm thinking May. We shall see.

No comments: