14 January 2009

Give and Take

I'm a new soul
I came to this strange world
Hoping I could learn a bit 'bout how to give and take
But since I came here, felt the joy and the fear
Finding myself making every possible mistake...
-Yael Naim

I don't know how new my soul is. In fact, increasingly, I'm pretty sure it's old. I googled "how do you know if you're an old soul?" There was a website with a list...I was entertained. Here are a few:

· Giving and caring often putting others first
I mean, I'd like to think so...
· Had a difficult romantic life often with much pain and disappointment
Hasn't everyone? This seems rather vague.
· More than likely had a soulmate relationship
I don't know if I believe in soul mates. But, if I did believe, I'd know I've met mine. His name is Luther...and we were meant to be together.
· Things just seem to happen to you and around you, often becoming very dramatic through the seemingly extreme reactions of others
What the hell does this even mean?
· Somehow know you're different
My mom always told me I was special.
· Have some psychic intuition and 'just knowing' things
Of course! I just KNOW I'm destined for fame and fortune.
· Find that you have deeper emotions and passions than most people
This describes every Leo that I know. We're a little crazier than most.
· People have extreme reactions to you - some just adore you and some seem to really dislike you yet you behave the same to everyone
Now, I don't know if I behave the same to all people. I'd like to think that I do. But, one of my favorite statements about myself, "There are two types of people in the world - those I like and those I don't." Maybe that's reciprocal.
· Suffer lots of jealousy
You name it, I can be jealous of it.
· Feel your don't have much free will, like your life is being controlled by some outside force
Like the voices in my head?
· Often feel 'stuck' like events just keep on happening to you time after time
Everyday is JUST LIKE GROUNDHOG DAY!

That wasn't all that helpful - was it. You can go check out the link for yourself. It's not like a special "Soul's Website" - it's just someone's ramblings on a random website: http://searchwarp.com/swa74654.htm

Eh - I guess I'm feeling less like an old soul and more like a crabby bitch! It took me forever to get to work - there was an accident and a not so clear detour, which took my on my own private tour of Durham. I have a ton of stuff to do today, and I'm waiting on things from other people. One of my favorite coworkers is going to be departing from our department. My kitchen is a mess! See - so many things impacting me negatively. No wonder I'm crabby! Hopefully between the happiness of having kept up my work out regimen, the new mix CD I'm making and this delicious chamomile tea...I'll be able to calm this old soul down a bit.

No comments: