26 January 2009

whole grains, legumes and veggies, oh my!

I had a long and unproductive weekend, which seems to be par for the course these days. There might have been self-discovery, and meditation of sorts, but now I'm left with a long to do list for Monday. I've got to get myself together and get ready for the week. I'm still trying to media detox, although not constantly. I've been successful at limiting my television watching. In the past week and a bit, I watched only an hour. This weekend, I watched none. I've been enjoying going to the gym and eating my whole grains and legumes. This week though, I'm almost at a loss for what to cook. I'm not sure I'm ready for much more quinoa, lentils and brown rice. Since I'm having people over multiple times this week (including Croque Madame tonight!), I'd better do some grocery shopping and find some tasty stuff.

This week, I'm going to be spending more time trying to release stress. I've been wound like a spring for over a week and I'm definitely feeling it in my neck and shoulders. Last week felt obsessive and intrusive and frustrating. I'm ready to come out of that with a vengeance. Cooking is one of my favorite ways to relax after a long day. Knitting usually is, but for some reason, I haven't been wanting to knit. I've been frustrated with the project I'm working on. I've been knitting fingerless mittens, but the two mittens are not the same size. I don't know how it happened. I used the correct needle size, the correct size yarn and I followed the pattern. I don't know what I did...and I'm not excited about reknitting anything. So, until something lights a fire under my ass, I am just gonna let that one sit. I've also been working to use up my feltable yarn by making knit mice. More on them later though.

My plan to work on destressing: less knitting, more meditation, more gym time, more music, more yoga, more writing, more reading and most importantly, more sleep.

No comments: