28 January 2009

working for the weekend

With some good red wine and my brand new shoes
Gonna dance a blue streak around my living room...


I can't believe it's only Wednesday. It feels as though it's at least Thursday or Friday. Clearly, not the case. I supposed I've had a slew of short weeks recently - probably undeserved short weeks, but I'm not crying about it. It was well used time.

I am itching for the weekend, but I have much to accomplish before then. Oil change, making plans with folks, grocery store, knitting, birthday presents, laundry, and of course, ridiculous amounts of work. I have meetings lined up with two friends who are in slightly different graduate school programs that might be interesting to me. That's a pretty good start to caring about my own future and a pretty good start on a weekend of fun.

Let's just hope that the weather that Baltimore is getting this week has dissipated by the time I'm trekking my ass up there. The thought of sliding around Mt. Washington in my Honda is less than appealing. The only thing I miss about the regular snow and ice of the DC and Baltimore areas is occasionally getting off work.

No comments: