09 February 2009

Happiness Hangover

Sometimes, its easier to think in song lyrics and poems than it is to come up with my own words. This blog is like a postcard that I'm sending to everyone. I can write anything I want, but it's hard not to be trite. Occasionally, I'm an elegant wordsmith. If I'm lucky, I make you want to read again a different day, but ultimately, this is a forum for me to share. So here's my postcard to you:

I hope you're well. I had a lovely weekend in Richmond this weekend spending time with a couple favorite friends. We ate some delicious food, wandered aimlessly throughout the city and played some mediocre soccer. Hope that your day filled you with life and warmth. But most of all, I hope that you have wonderful friends like I do. I have so many. I love them all.
Love,
me--

It's been a long, good, beautiful, sunshine-filled, belly-laugh-inducing day. It was filled with songs and hugs and laughs and coffee and positivity. You can't beat that kind of day.

Per Ingrid Michaelson
Oh, let’s get rich and buy our parents homes in the south of France
Let's get rich and give everybody nice sweaters
and teach them how to dance
Let's get rich and build our house on a mountain
making everybody look like ants
from way up there you and I, you and I...

I gave you some Allman Brothers yesterday, so I wanted to give you a little something different. Oh that note, I am going to head to bed. After my drive home, I headed to the office for a bit and am now completely exhausted. I hate knowing that Mondays are always filled with happiness hangovers from the weekend.

No comments: