23 February 2009

Upgrade U

Partner let me upgrade you.
Flip a new page
Introduce you to some new things and...
Upgrade you


Seems like I'm moving up in the world. I have gone from my beloved dual-flip Samsung, which took a fatal plunge into the washing machine to my old clunky LG. I loved that LG and all of the pretty little ring tones that it had. The reconciliation was short lived. We are just on different pages now; we've moved on.

Blackberry Pearl.

I don't need it, but I want it and I am trying desperately to set it up and have it fully functional as quickly as possible. Of course, manually entering my information into the phone rather than having synced at the store has been somewhat painful. Mostly though, this is one fun piece of equipment. I did have a little trouble getting the Google Sync to work. I really want to be able to see my Google Calendar and all of my beloveds calendars as well. I tried over and over again entering my email, password and random verification letters.

Finally, I got frustrated enough to start googling the problem. My account kept popping up that it was locked. I really didn't know what the hell that meant. I ended up here: http://groups.google.com/group/Gmail-Help-POP-and-IMAP-en/browse_thread/thread/5556fb1e5b02fd92, which provided me with a simple solution. Thank goodness. Otherwise, I might have intentionally washed this new toy!

1 comment:

eje said...

are you quoting a verizon jingle/beyonce weirdness? oh, sarah.