24 March 2009

burgeoning golfer?

Weeks have gone by and my knee is no better. I've been to my ortho, who was only minorly helpful. He prescribed PT, which is well and good, but that still means I'm not able to go to the gym and I'm in pain. Ugh. With my self-esteem in the crapper after a couple weeks of being inactive and eating food worth shit, I have decided to take matters into my own hands. I've been doing my normal ab routine daily, but I feel that it's not quite effective if I'm not eating well and doing cardio. After work today, I am going to go to the gym. I don't care. I need to move. Between a slow clip on the treadmill and the stationary bikes, I feel like I can craft a low impact workout which will help me not feel like a complete slugabed.

In other news, my visit to the rabbi last week went well. I liked him and felt that he had quite a lot to teach me. I eagerly accepted his invitation to become a student of his. So, I have ordered the book that I will be reading first, and I've been instructed to go to temple weekly. That's been hard thus far because of my ridiculous weekend traveling, but as soon as I am here for a weekend, I will be there.

Sunday afternoon, with near perfect weather, I accompanied a friend to the golf course. It was quite a different experience than I had expected. Given my level of gimpiness, I mostly sat around in the golf cart and knit. It was pretty awesome. I've never played real golf before (I'm terrible at Putt Putt). It's interesting being exposed to things that I haven't tried before...I think we all remember my poker trepidation.

I did make an inch progress on the sweater while tooling around in the golf cart. I really want a golf cart...just to drive around.

3 comments:

Jadielady said...

I hope your knee feels better soon!! Do you have an indoor pool you can swim in ?

herding tapeworms said...

jew are going to be a good jew. there's food, there's kvetching, and apparently there's golf to learn.

borntoride said...

what are you talking about? your putt putt skills are stellar!