09 March 2009

Cruise Recap

I had to look at my own blog this morning to remember when I last posted. Right-o. Final countdown.

I felt as though the vacation would never come. And then, once we headed out and were at the airport, it seemed like vacation might still never come due to significant delays that landed us on our asses in the Durham airport for AGES. I fell off the vegetarian wagon big time over the past week. It makes me sad, but at the same time, chicken's not half bad, I suppose.

I'd say that the week flew by, but it didn't. I enjoyed being away, being slightly disconnected, and soaking up the sun. I didn't enjoy the harried pace of the concert schedule, which somehow prevented me from seeing a handful of artists that I really wanted to see. I was, however, able to see: Lyle Lovett, Indigo Girls, Brandi Carlile, Tift Merritt, Aslyn, Beth Woods, Edie Carey, John Hiatt, Patty Griffin, Webb Wilder, Sister Hazel, Kathleen Edwards, Vienna Teng, Shawn Colvin, Antje Duvekot, Girlman, Over the Rhine. That's a pretty impressive list, but there were so many other artists! Regardless of the pace and the excursions and the copious amounts of artists, it was an amazing experience. I met some people that I hope to not lose touch with, and that I hope I will get to see regularly. Of course, it was sort of a grandiose send off for Jiff before she moves to Chicago.

Of course, there are a handful of experiences that I already have forgotten...mostly due to alcohol consumption...I've been told that they involve acting out "Stop, Drop and Roll" and other silliness. Then, there was the international mid-day drunk dialing experience, which despite the irritation it may have caused the recipients...was done out of pure affection. Below is a smattering of pictures from the week-long event - it's also a link to the flickr set. Enjoy!

(One last thing - there was also knitting that occured! Fun!)


2 comments:

eje said...

Elizabeth votes NO on eating chicken and smoking cigarettes. Bad Sarah!

borntoride said...

i neeeeed to talk to you in person to get the LD!