05 April 2009

The Chicago Post

Getting Jiff settled in Chicago was a breeze. The lucky girl has a lovely room in a lovely apartment. I'm a bit jealous, to be honest! The apartment is well-painted, well-lit and well-decorated. It's in a good location, which just happens to be very close to some good Thai and Vietnamese restaurants. We had ourselves a nice long drive out and a great evening with some friends who live in the area. It's hard to believe that it had been nearly a year since the last time I was there. Since I was up there last, two of my former roommates from DC headed up there for some graduate school adventures. They seem to be happy and well adjusted, and I can't wait to get back up there and visit again soon.



I was lucky that in addition to sitting on my ass for 14 hours (and listening to both Stephen Colbert's book on audio, and the 4th Twilight book on audio), I also got to knit a good deal. I made some great progress on my cabled sweater. I am hoping to finish it sometime within the next couple of weeks! Yay! I just can't believe I'm finally making progress. I'm so proud of myself. I am nearly done with the front. I've finished the back and I am hoping the sleeves knit up quickly. Afterwards, I hardly know what I'm going to start working on, but I might end up not knitting at all. I've got a lot of work to do on both my conversion to Judaism and getting ready to think about grad school some more. I think I've made some decisions, but I will write about that later on.



Last week, I started physical therapy for both my knee and my shoulder. My poor physical therapist hardly knew what to do with me. He seemed to have a better understanding of my pain, concerns and generally how screwed up my joints are. He's given me a couple exercises to help me get started on the road to recovery. I can't wait. And to be honest, my knee has mostly been feeling better. I can't say the same for my shoulder, but everything can't be peachy keen all at once, can it? I'm going to try some gentle workouts at the gym this week and the strengthening work that the PT has given me. Hopefully, I'll be better in no time.

No comments: