11 April 2009

Knitting Update: Cabled Sweater from 2004

I am off to Smith Mountain Lake to visit a friend today, but I wanted to quickly post a little update about my cabled sweater. Now that I've dedicated some time to it, it's been moving rather quickly. I think it looks pretty good. I'm anxious to block and seam it. I think the final product is going to be just what I wanted. I believe there's only one mistake in it...which of course I can see, but my non-knitting friends could care less about.

Again, I started this in 2004. I had to frog half of the front half. I've finally reknit it and started the sleeve. This is my first time using Lion Brand Fisherman's Wool. Now, I didn't exactly keep my partially knit pieces in a safe place, nor did I think to worry much about the wool itself. As I've been knitting, I've been finding that the yarn isn't in the greatest of condition. It's splitting, fraying and breaking. I wonder if this is because that's the nature of this yarn...or if it's because I didn't take very good care of it.

I overbought when I was getting ready to knit this sweater. It was the first adult sized sweater I started to make, so I didn't know what to expect. So, regardless of how this yarn is performing now, I am going to have a lot that I need to use up...



1 comment:

Jadielady said...

Wow, that's quite an impressive start to sweater knitting! I am sure it will be well worth it once its finished :)