21 April 2009

Snacky McSnackerson

When I was living in the DC area, my former roommate and fellow rugby player, Joanna, used to make this amazing hummus-like bean dip. I am pretty sure that she used shelled edamame. It was incredibly delicious and Jocelyn and I used to happily share giant bowls of it. I have been craving it for a while. Today, having very little in the house, I looked around trying to figure out what to make. Armed with a can of cannellini beans, I attacked this recipe: http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/food-network-specials/white-bean-hummus-dip-recipe/index.html

It's really rather good. I've been noshing on it with broccoli, carrots and tortilla chips. I must say, I advise those trying the recipe to measure out the ingredients. I never do...and I am sad that I over lemoned the dip. I am enjoying my dip while listening to a weird mix of The Beautiful Girls, The Magnetic Fields and Jack PeƱate.

No comments: