15 May 2009

Recovering from Bad Karma

"Men are not punished for their sins, but by them." - Elbert Hubbard (1856-1915)

So, you all may or may not remember my challenging trifecta of badness back in the fall. Who knows if karma was related, but I'd anticipate that something impacted my luck. Here we are 6 months later, and I am ready to get back on the horse. Well, sort of. Since I forcibly removed my roof racks, and then never put them back on, I am ready to remount those SOBs. It's time. However, there are a couple things that I need to reassemble/replace/revisit before I can actually get it back on top of the car...

Let's hope this month's sins aren't quite as great as those of November. I do need to get my rack back on my car so that I can start toting my bike out to rides in Cary and Carrboro. I can shove it in the back seat, but when you have the roof rack system, you should use the roof rack system.

In other news, I just hemorrhaged some more money on Canes tickets. I should just stop. But I can't. And since I have two folks to go with, it's gonna be a party. I'm glad they made it to the playoffs this year. 2006 was a good year, and this will be too. I'm not certain that the hockey tickets will help recover from bad karma, but I do believe that the large amount of amazing visitors that will have traversed through my neighborhood for the last week and in the next couple of weeks is a good showing that karma may be on my side.

No comments: