28 June 2009

Garden: the Recap

It's been a long haul waiting for my tiny container garden to do something... I'm not a very patient person, but I mostly just have focused on watering, misting and adoring my plants. I know that I called my garden lots of names last month. I think I planted in the pots too early, and I called the wrong plants names...

Lettuce and radishes - Gone. I tended to them the best that I could, but whatever love I was giving them wasn't what they wanted. I tried hard to revive their limp bodies, but when it didn't happen, the cucumbers took over...

Cukes - They might be part of the problem with why the lettuce and radishes didn't do so well. The cucumbers are going crazy!



Zucchini - Not so limp and uninspired. In fact, it's growing gangbusters. It is a force to be reckoned with. I haven't seen any baby zukes yet, but here's hoping!



Tomatoes - I might have spoken too soon. I don't think I'd choose this variety again, but I am impressed that I've got a couple little tomatz growing on the vine!



Mint - I don't know if I need more, or different growing conditions, but it was lovely, it grew strong, I used some and now, it looks like crap. It's straggly and meh, just kind of gross and dirty looking.

Basil - gangbusters, right along with the zucchini. It's produced a great amount of tasty tasty basil for me to use, and keeps going. I think I'll need to start picking off some leaves to make pesto some time soon.

1 comment:

borntoride said...

PESTO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! beautiful stuff. happy to see green things growin