19 June 2009

Roller Coasters of all sorts...

Well, it's definitely the end of the fiscal year, which is not my favorite time of year. Long hours, begging for money, exhaustion and frustration starting to set in...

Despite feeling completely exhausted and overextended, I have managed to spend some family time recently. I was up in Baltimore with the whole kit and caboodle of my family for my cousin's wedding. It was great getting to see everyone, and the wedding was lovely.


I was sad to have missed out on Baltimore's Honfest. We're already making plans for next year's Honfest...and for this year's Renaissance Festival. Hehe!

After the wedding, I ended up getting to explore King's Dominion with my friend Kate. It was a Monday and there were very few lines. It was excellent. The only problem - if you're riding roller coasters back to back with no chance to regain your equilibrium, you will most likely get queasy. :) Regardless of the nausea, we managed to have a great time. (I did hear from my (2nd? 3rd? 4th?) cousin Raymond that Carrowinds in Charlotte is far superior to King's Dominion. Clearly, I'll have to go check that out some time soon!

1 comment:

Mary said...

Is that personalized flan? OMG how adorable. I really like that idea rather than cupcakes or regular cake. Do you know the caterer, or could you give me their http://www.gatheringguide.com/ec/caterers.html link? I totally want that! thanks.